Losing weight in any capacity is a tremendous achievement, more so when a person has committed to a dramatic lifestyle change and has lost a large amount of weight. Often times, however, you find that your body still does not look like you want it to despite disciplined efforts with a healthy balanced diet and exercise.
After the body has experienced such a dramatic change, excess skin and tissue that was previously stretched farther will not shrink back to fit your new size and shape.WhatsApp Plus Apk latest version Over time skin naturally loses elasticity, stretching can also cause skin to lose elasticity, making it harder for the skin to tighten and conform to a new body size.
Many also find that isolated pockets of fat linger making it difficult to reach an ideal shape despite reaching a goal weight. These pockets of stubborn fat can cause bulging along with contribute to sagging skin.
For people who have undergone dramatic weight loss and yet still are unable to find satisfaction or confidence, plastic surgery can provide solutions. There are a number of plastic surgery procedures, that will effectively resolve issues with sagging, excess skin or stubborn fat, helping you to get the body you envisioned and have worked so hard for.
At Las Colinas Centre for Plastic Surgery, Dr. Michael Whetstone has extensive experience with body contouring procedures that will improve the shape of the body creating smoother lifted features. Among the most popular plastic surgery procedures after weight loss are tummy tucks, breast lift with or without augmentation, upper or lower body lift, face lift, and liposuction. Plastic surgery is a safe and effective means for improving the shape and contours of a body, getting you closer to the body you have worked so hard to achieve.
It is important to remember that plastic surgery is not a means for losing weight. Plastic surgery is able improve the aesthetic appearance of the body after a goal weight has been achieved.
Reasons To Consider Plastic Surgery After Weight Loss
If you are considering plastic surgery, the best thing you can do is to schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon, such as Dr. Whetstone. With over 20 years of experience, Dr. Whetstone has the knowledge and experience to best determine the procedures that are right for your body’s needs and your own aesthetic goals.
Although Dr. Whetstone will best be able to determine if plastic surgery is right for you and/or what procedure is best, typical considerations for plastic surgery after weight loss are:
- Loss of a large amount of weight from diet and exercise or following bariatric surgery
- Stabilized weight after weight loss for approximately six months with no further weight loss expected (this also skin to shrink as much as possible and stabilize the internal balance of your body)
- Sagging, loose or overhanging skin in areas such as the face, neck, breasts, abdomen, arms, back or thighs
- Trouble spots or stubborn pockets of fat that has resisted diet and exercise
- Good overall health without protein or vitamin deficiencies (these can affect healing) with a commitment to proper nutrition and exercise
- Non-smoker or at a minimum have quit four to six weeks prior to surgery with a commitment to refrain from smoking for four to six weeks following surgery.
- Realistic expectations and understanding of what plastic surgery is able and not able to accomplish; Dr. Whetstone can further explain during your free consultation.
If you have recently achieved a dramatic weight loss and are considering plastic surgery contact Las Colinas Centre for Plastic Surgery today to schedule your free consultation.