What is Breast Augmentation?
Since 1989, many women have sought Dallas area plastic surgeon, Dr. Michael R. Whetstone’s, unique expertise in the field of breast augmentation surgery. This surgery is used to enhance the size and shape of a woman’s breast for a number of reasons.
Breast augmentation involves the usage of general anesthesia. Implants, which improve the appearance of the breasts by defining size and shape, are inserted below the breast tissues. Although it enhances the shape and definition of the breasts, the procedure alone does not fully correct the appearance of droopy breasts.
. Breast augmentation alone cannot correct droopy breasts. If this is your desire, we will talk during the consultation about the option of a breast lift in conjunction with augmentation. The implants can be filled with either a type of silicone or they can be saline. Implants come in a large variety of shapes and sizes. Dr. Whetstone will provide you with an opportunity to handle and try on the implants during your consultation at our Las Colinas Centre for Plastic Surgery office.
Who is a candidate for Breast Augmentation?
- Women who feel that their breasts are too small or want to enhance the contour of their body
- Women who have a reduction in breast volume after pregnancy or weight loss
Where will my surgery be performed?
Dr. Whetstone performs his cosmetic procedures at Las Colinas Surgery Center, a fully accredited outpatient facility with a team of health care specialists working together to make your experience a positive one. A breast augmentation is typically scheduled for 1 to 1 ½ hours. General anesthesia is used because Dr.Whetstone wants to ensure a well-controlled and safe surgical experience that is most comfortable for his patient. Dr. Whetstone exclusively uses Board Certified Anesthesiologists. After being discharged from the surgery center to go home, a patient can usually resume light activities that same day.
What can I expect after surgery?
After surgery, you will be wearing a supportive surgical bra, mostly for comfort. You will be given instructions for post-operative care and will be able to return home with your care-giver. Most women experience minimal bruising and swelling from breast augmentation. Pain medication will be prescribed that will control any discomfort you might feel during the healing process. You will have scheduled follow-up visits at the office and will always have access to our staff to address any questions or concerns you might have. Depending on the type of work that you do, most patients are able to return to work within a few days of surgery.
Why choose Dr. Whetstone?
- Experience – Dr. Whetstone trained with the world-renowned plastic surgery pioneer, Dr. Thomas Cronin, inventor of the breast implant. Dr. Whetstone has been in the practice of plastic and cosmetic surgery for over 20 years. What you can expect is a surgeon that has performed hundreds of procedures which brings a unique level of experience and training.
- Personality – Patients comment about Dr. Whetstone’s ability to make them feel comfortable during the consultation and surgery process. He will patiently answer your questions and concerns, believing that an informed patient is the best candidate for a surgical procedure.
- Individual Attention – Your surgical experience and needs are individual to you. Dr. Whetstone will work with you to determine the best approach to meet your needs. Our team at Las Colinas Centre for Plastic Surgery is always available to help you through the surgical process.
- Results – Hundreds of satisfied patients that refer friends and family.
Taking the next step.
Dr. Whetstone feels strongly that nothing can take the place of establishing a patient/physician relationship through a personal and complimentary consultation. Whether you are considering a single breast or body contouring procedure feel free to call us at 972.831.8822 to talk to our patient coordinator to schedule a consultation to see which surgery would be right for you.